2018 Missional Voices
The Bullet Points
April 19-21, 2018
Christ Church Cathedral
125 Monument Circle,
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Missional Voices will be a weekend of thinking, planning, and dreaming about the future of missional communities and innovative ministries in The Episcopal Church and Anglican Communion. This will be a place where dynamic incubation of new ideas is the norm – not the exception – and where people doing uncommon ministry find support and encouragement.
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Why Another Conference?
- First, we aren’t a “conference.” We’ve chosen “national gathering” intentionally. To us, “conference” implies experts on stage teaching people in the seats. Our contention is that nobody is an expert in this area. We also work hard to provide an opportunity for all of our participants to learn from each other.
- We believe there is a need to continue to bring clarity to the missional conversation taking place in The Episcopal Church. By bringing together some of today’s best thinkers, we aim to help the Church think deeply about God’s mission in the world – and our role in that mission.
- We want to inspire and propel the Church to engage in God’s mission in life-changing ways. That is why a significant feature of Missional Voices will focus on practical engagement in incubator sessions where we can begin to dream about where God is calling us to participate in God’s mission.
What Can You Expect?
- Short, narrative talks from great thinkers in The Episcopal Church
- Keynote presentations by some of the leading voices in the Church
- Exploration of various communities already in place
- A chance to begin dreaming about where the mission of God is calling you
- An opportunity to engage in inspiring worship
Who Should Attend?
You should join the conversation if you are a church leader, planter, community developer, diocesan missioner, professor, artist, or anyone else looking to connect, collaborate, and celebrate the good work being done in thousands of neighborhoods and parishes.
Missional Voices participants share a common vision for seeing the transformation of the church through their participation in their neighborhood. They are empowering others to join in the Holy Spirit’s work, and are providing fresh hope for the church in the 21st century.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Does registration include housing?
No, housing is separate.
Will there be food?
Meal information will be available soon.
Can I take public transportation to/from the gathering?
The Cathedral is located on the northeast corner of Monument Circle, only three blocks from the Transit Center. To plan your trip by bus, please view the transit planner here.
What about parking?
Information on parking will be available shortly before the Gathering.
Are refunds available?
If you are unable to attend, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can work out a refund or transfer your registration to someone else.
Full refunds are available up to one month before the gathering (March 19).
A cancellation fee of 50% of registration costs will be applied for cancellations received between 29 to 10 days before the gathering (April 9).
No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 10 days before the gathering.